Today I am reminded of all the reasons why I love Autumn, which is my favourite time of year. I took this picture of a tree nearby, which just reminds me of how absolutely beautiful Autumn really is. These trees, are the kind of trees which really do reflect the seasons well. They display the starkness of Winter, the blossoms of Spring, the rich green leaves of Summer, and of course, the glorious reds of Autumn. My kids call them the "fire trees". I think they definitely live up to their name! They get redder and redder throughout Autumn, before shedding their leaves for Winter. Autumn is always typically one of my favourite times of year. There is so much fun stuff which happens in Autumn and which is leading up to Christmas.
Reasons I love Autumn:
- Red Leaves - The trees look so beautiful this time of year. I love the reds, yellows and browns which decorate the leaves.
- Dark Nights - I love the dark nights, when you just want to get inside out of the cold as soon as possible. I love the warm glow emanating from houses and the twinkly lights which appear as Christmas approaches.
- Crisp Autumn Days - Sunny, with a crisp bite, and not too hot for a long walk.
- Chilly Mornings - Reaching for your dressing gown and slippers as you wake.
- Boots!! I get to resurrect my lovely Brown Boots from the Wardrobe
- Bonfire Night - A great British tradition, I love Bonfire Night, Fireworks, Jacket Potatoes, Baked Beans, Sausages and Sparklers - it reminds me of my childhood!
- My Birthday. I am an Autumn Baby, which I think contributes to my love of the season
- The run-up to Christmas - I am a huge Christmas fan, and just love the run up to Christmas. I've already started the shopping!
- Autumn TV - Strictly, X Factor, Downton!, Gogglebox, Greys Anatomy, and lots more fantastic TV Programmes - what's not too love? I do love a good night in snuggled up in a blanket watching TV!
- Log Fires - I am aiming for our forever house to have a Log Fire, but until then, I have a favourite pub with a wonderful fire which makes a good substitute.
- Delicious Flavours in Season - Butternut, Pumpkin, Warm Stews, Hearty Shepherds Pie, Apple Crumble. I swear these all taste better in Autumn!
- Hot Drinks - Earl Grey, Pumpkin Spiced Latte, Mulled Wine, Hot Apple Cider - all great Autumn tipples!
Can you add any other reasons to love Autumn?